8 Days Of Rain
Wish that I had more chipper news but, sadly, things have not been all thumbs up and plates of bacon for me and my NaNoWriMo experience. Turns out, when put under the gun of a time limit, I freeze up. Didn't know this about myself. This of course dashes my dreams of ever writing in the Olympics, but on a smaller scale, it means that this whole contest/competition/whatchamacalit is going to be, for me, kind of like getting the last bits of toothpaste out of the tube, but for 22 more days (toothpaste = words, tube = my brain).
Not pleased.
The single ray of light in this whole darkened seascape is that, finally, finally I've gotten on the write path, narrative-wise. After writing eight pages of hollow, not-me sounding prose, and after solemnly highlighting all of the aforementioned eight pages and pressing the delete button, I've started over and found the voice I'm looking for.
It remains to be seen whether or not I'll freeze up again, but I'm remaining cautiously optimistic. Fingers, toes, arms and legs crossed. Which makes it hard to write, but that's beside the point.
Current word count: A paltry 2,375
Not pleased.
The single ray of light in this whole darkened seascape is that, finally, finally I've gotten on the write path, narrative-wise. After writing eight pages of hollow, not-me sounding prose, and after solemnly highlighting all of the aforementioned eight pages and pressing the delete button, I've started over and found the voice I'm looking for.
It remains to be seen whether or not I'll freeze up again, but I'm remaining cautiously optimistic. Fingers, toes, arms and legs crossed. Which makes it hard to write, but that's beside the point.
Current word count: A paltry 2,375
I think you've inadvertantly hit on my problem with this whole enterprise. Namely this: What's the point of writing stuff that you know isn't good? Writing just to have words down on the page, regardless of their content, seems like a self-defeating exercise.
Maybe that's just me that feels that way, though.
Still going to keep writing, don't get me wrong.
Posted by
Clinton |
1:49 PM